8/22/2010

AMERICA'S IDOL

So, if you watch American Idol I guess I can understand why. It is a pretty cool show, and this is coming from a guy who is really not much into reality TV shows. I really enjoy music being a musician myself so I can kinda in some sorta way relate to the contestants on the show. I always really like the rockers because I am into rock music. I like the other artists as well don't get me wrong,but I like to see when a singer can rock out.
        At first I hated the show, I watched it once and really didn't like it. I thought of it as ruining the music industry (as if the music industry hasn't already been ruined) I didn't really give it a chance at first. I might have watched for a few minutes before turning the channel. I finally got into a conversation with someone about it and I expressed my opinions and they said I should really give it a chance. So I did.
I did some research on the show, and learned about the judges. It took no time at all before I had a ton of respect for the judges learning the musical background of them and got completely sucked into the show. Randy Jackson is an amazing record producer and writer. He produced some of the biggest artists in the music industry. He also played in a lot of bands including Journey and he was the President of A&R at Columbia Records and he spent four years as the Senior Vice President of A&R at MCA Records.Simon Cowell owns a TV production and music company called Syco. With the help of Syco, Simon Cowell has helped the musical careers of various recording artists, including Leona Lewis and the group Il Divo. Cowell is also known for combining activities in the music and television industries, selling more than 150 million records and 70 top-charting singles both in the UK and United States throughout his 16-year stay with Sony BMG. We all know what Paula Abdules career is and was. And then another judge came along.Kara DioGuardi, She is an AMAZING song writer and producer with years of experience in the music industry. She is extremely respected in the biz and has written songs for Britney Spears,Christina Aguilera, Hillary Duff,Pink and Kelly Clarkson. She is an incredible singer and performer as well and owns Arthouse Entertainment, which is a publishing company.She has also won a ton of awards and received a ton of nominations. 
I have so much respect for the big time music producers,engineers and writers.These people are what make the industry so great. Which is exactly why I was so excited when Ellen Degeneres came along to American Ido.She is an accomplished,....hmmmm....Wait a min. Oh thats right she is a comedian. She doesn't play an instrument, or sing, or produce records.Ok thats when It was time for me to stop watching. I can honestly say that with Ellen on the show I didn't watch one episode.Prior to Ellen I really got into the show. Now that Ellen left Idol I am ready to start watching again. Its not that I have anything against Ellen, Its just that If someone is gonna tell someone else how to sing or judge them on a panel. They better be a pretty good singer themselves and have the qualifications to back it up. How can someone expect an up and coming singer to have respect for the advice that was given to them by a comedian. Thats just the way I see it. So with Ellen out of the way I am ready once again for American Idol.